Friday, May 27, 2011

Makena's Very Last Day of Preschool

Today was Makena's very last day of preschool! The past couple of nights we had to go console Makena because we would hear her crying a little in her bed. When we asked what was wrong she told us that she was really going to miss her preschool friends. She is such a sweet girl. And she has really become a friend-loving person this year. I told her we will definitely be planning play dates with her preschool friends this summer. The night before her last day she sat in the art room and drew a picture for each of her classmates and her teachers. It was like 18 pictures. Total friend devotion.

I wanted to do something to make this day feel a little more special.....some kind of a surprise. So Megan and Everett and I went and picked up some balloons at the party store before pick-up. I let Megan pick out four for herself and we picked four for Makena. And we let Everett get one blue balloon that he was very happy with. Megan told me, "Mommy, this was a very good idea." So when we pulled up to pick up Makena we had a mini-van full of balloons! When I opened the door Megan yelled, "Surprise!" Which I hadn't even asked her to do. :)
Then we went to Chick-fil-a with Carly, Joiner, Bennett and Jack and Josie. When we got there Makena told Mrs. Zette, "Did you know that I'm a big Kindergartener now?" She is so funny! 

And now SUMMER begins!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment