This past weekend, Makena went to a birthday party for one of her friends from preschool. It was such a fun party and probably one of the last gatherings where most her preschool friends would be together. I hadn't planned on taking pictures so I didn't bring my camera. I'm glad my phone takes pretty good pictures! They had hired Mary Mollitt to plan the Cars themed party. She did a fantastic job and I made sure to pick up one of her cards before I left. I now remember seeing her at some of the story times at the Children's Museum.
The first thing the kids got to do was decorate their car. They had markers, paint, stickers, streamers, ribbon and paper plates that could be used for the wheels and steering wheel.
Here is Makena in her car.
Here is everyone yelling happy birthday to Wyatt!
In the movie Cars, they have the Cozy Cone Motel. The kids got to make their own edible version. They used an ice cream cone, lots of icing, Cars gummies and other candy.
Makena with her Cozy Cone
Chowing down with Kate and Dree
Here are Makena, Kate and Dree getting the royal treatment from Aden. What a nice boy he is to push those silly girls in the swing. :)
Ms. Mary had used cones to make a race track in the back yard. So the boys and girls each had their own race and Wyatt, the birthday boy, got to be the pace car out in front.
There were quite a few crashes but no inuries. All of the kids had so much fun! I'm jealous of these kids with summer birthdays. These backyard parties are the best!








No comments:
Post a Comment