Monday, May 9, 2011

Tiny Dancer

Makena's first dance recital is next month! The past couple of weeks they've distributed the dance costumes and just last week they took professional pictures. Since the picture prices were steep we took some pics on our own at home and opted for the cheaper (note: cheaper not cheap) professional picture package. They really get you with the costume and the pictures and the flowers and the video. Ugh! I feel sorry for the moms I see with older dancers who have multiple costumes. As with everything else we do I tell myself, "If she didn't love it, we wouldn't do it." Makena came up with all of the poses on her own. I think she was a little disappointed that she didn't get to pose however she wanted to for the professional pictures. :) This is her ballet costume. The tutu comes off and is replaced with a fringe skirt for the tap performance. I'll try to get pics of her in that later.
Working the stairs...
  Don't you just love the hydrangeas?! Straight from Costco, our family sponsor! And of course, Makena wanted pink and Megan wanted blue. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment