This is our last week of preschool! The last week ever for Makena. :( We've distributed our end of year teacher gifts this week. I found some cute beach towels at the Buckhead Betties bag sale a couple of months ago so I snatched up a few of them. I think they were only $7 per towel. I rolled the towel up and tied a ribbon around the middle. I attached a card with a picture of the three amigos on it and wrote a message on the back. We have loved all of our teachers this year and this was something small we could do to show how much we appreciate them. Makena's teacher said she would be taking her towel to the beach this weekend! :)
Wednesday was Megan's last day of preschool for the year so her class had a picnic out at the picnic shelter. They had asked everyone to contribute a snack or drink. Megan chose animal crackers and whole apples. She made it clear that she did not want them cut. Here she is saying the blessing with Eli. The 3 year olds were so cute singing this together!
Megan refused to let me put anything in her hair that morning. No ponytail, hairbow, hairband or anything. She has such a dramatic part sometimes it's hard to keep her hair out of her face.
They had pizza for everyone and lots of other snacks to share.
Here is Megan with her good friends Maisie and Penelope. We're lucky that Miss Maisie lives in our neighborhood so we'll be seeing her at the pool. Penelope has the most beautiful hair. And most days you can bet on the fact that Maisie will be wearing a princess dress to school. :)
Joachim had to get in on the action. Megan usually pronounces his name "Sock-eem." No matter how often I try to correct her that's how it sounds. :)
Megan with her teacher, Ms. Dorothy. We have absolutely loved Ms. Dorothy! She is a free spirited British lady who the kids all adore. She is lots of fun but won't let the kids get away with anything either. She brought her teenage son, Big Ben, to school a couple of days during the year and the kids were all over him, too! I would ask Megan what she did during the day and she would say, "Play with Big Ben!" I have my fingers crossed that Everett ends up in her class when it's time for him to go to the two's class.
Megan and Savannah were making soup together. :)
This is Megan's other teacher, Ms. Leslie, who we also adored!
I feel a little bad that I didn't get a picture of Everett with his teachers since Wednesday was his last day, as well. I was hoping to get one when I picked him up but once I picked him up he was not going to let Ms. Kristi or Ms. Leslie hold him. He loves his teachers but he loves his Mama more. Everett has had a bit of separation anxiety the past few months. He does fine during the one morning I leave him but he's usually always crying and running after me when I drop him off. Although they tell me he recovers quickly. For a while I thought he did it just because he only went to MMO one day a week but he does the same thing at the gym and we're usually there 4 days a week. Such a silly boy! I'm a little sad that this will be his last week because he didn't cry when I left the past two Wednesdays! Hopefully he'll do better when he starts again in the fall.
We also started something new this week. We started receiving The Produce Box. The Produce Box delivers locally grown, farm-fresh produce to your door every week during the NC growing season. There are a variety of boxes to choose from and you can add on different things that you want. You can also suspend service whenever you need to if you'll be out of town or don't want a box a certain week. They also discourage their growers from using pesticides. I'm excited to try this! I'm hoping it will help us eat healthier and get us to branch out a bit as we are definitely creatures of habit. They include storage tips and recipes with The Produce Box. This was our box this week:
In our box was tomatoes, cucumbers, blueberries, yellow squash, a bunch of sweet Texas onions, sweet potatoes and a head of pointed head cabbage. I didn't do any add-ons or extras this week since it was our first week. I'm hoping the blueberries will still be available as an add-on next week because they are so good! And I'm not usually a big blueberry eater. The only thing in the box that I'm kind of unsure how I'll use is the pointed head cabbage. I'll have to peel the outer layers off and it's not very big. I've thought of making a slaw or a kraut to go on hot dogs this weekend. Any other ideas would be appreciated!
No comments:
Post a Comment