Friday, November 30, 2012

Kicking Off the Holiday Season

I took the kids to the children's holiday party at the Festival of Trees.
 Home Depot had come in to do the kids crafts. They built little wooden baskets and got to take home their Home Depot aprons. All three of the big kids loved this. They enjoyed getting to use the hammer and nails. They all needed a little help but Makena was determined to do most of it on her own. 
 Nana and Popaw went with us to see Disney on Ice. We've been quite a few times but there is something new in every show. And the kids are always excited to go back! Everett had this blank look on his face for much of the show. I think he was mesmerized.
 We saw the biggest reactions out of Megan. I think these shows were made for kids like her.
 Megan loved Tinkerbell!
 Everett with his new McQueen hat
 I picked up three gingerbread houses for Makena, Megan and Everett at Costco. I knew they would like working on their own. Everett needed some help but liked decorating his own little house.
 We put their gingerbread houses (and the Christmas trees they came with) on the table in the foyer. It looks like a little winter village. Makena's house is on the left, Megan's is in the middle and Everett's is on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment