Last weekend, we went to Williamsburg for the annual Lynne S. Moore Memorial Mid-Summer Classic Golf Tournament in honor of Phil and Zane's mother. We also went to celebrate Zane's wedding to his long-time girlfriend, Mindy. Since we were chasing the kids around I wasn't able to get a lot of pictures at the dinner. So I "borrowed" this one from facebook. Mindy's cousin, who is a photographer, took pictures for the event.
Zane and Mindy were married in downtown Hampton at the commissioner's office. And there was a family dinner afterward. We went and hung out in the hotel lobby while they had a photo shoot.
The kids and I tried to keep busy during the golf tournament. We all went to the hotel pool in the morning and headed to Colonial Williamsburg after that. I had never been to Colonial Williamsburg and wasn't aware how much walking would be involved. In hindsight, this was not the best activity for a day when the heat index was 120 degrees or so. Everett ended up falling asleep in his stroller making it difficult to go inside of the cooler houses and buildings. All of the old houses had stairs going into them. Apparently, having a handicap accessible entrance wasn't that important in the olden days. It wasn't long until we decided we needed to get the heck out of there. Hopefully, our next trip back there will be at a cooler time as I enjoy history and would love to go and see what all there is to see.
Right now, the girls are both really into Abraham Lincoln and George Washington. The girls enjoyed seeing the people dressed like they are in their books about George Washington. One of our favorite books is one we found at the library called George Washington's Teeth. We read it over and over.
This picture was taken before the literal meltdown. It was so hot!
If you are ever in Williamsburg, I highly recommend you try Sno-To-Go! It's an awesome ice cream/shaved ice shop. They have a ton of flavors and make these things called snow balls where they stuff and top the shaved ice with ice cream. It is heavenly I tell you! If you are in the area you must go there! Had they not been closed on Sunday we were going to make a second trip. Makena and Megan got one called hurricane earl and I got one called tiger's blood. Yummo!
Everett enjoyed some tiger's blood, too!







My husband went to school in Williamsburg! and we LOVE sno-to-go!! YUMM! Next time you're so close let me know.
ReplyDelete