I could have easily titled this blog post, "the shortest beach trip ever." We drove 5 hours to Atlantic Beach on Friday after Phil got home from work. He didn't get home until around 8pm. We didn't arrive at the beach until around 1:30am. We had a day and a half at the beach and headed home Sunday afternoon. The kids had a great time so I do think it was worth it. Next time we may try to stay a little longer, though.
Here is Ev with his very favorite toy again.
The girls had fun building sand castles and pyramids and Everett enjoyed knocking them down. But I guess demolition is in the little brother job description.
Makena made herself a nice sandy bed.
Megan liked playing with Ariel in the ocean.
There were no attempts at a real group shot on this trip. This is the only shot I took of the 3 of them together on the beach.
Look at that gut!
Phil and I took turns chasing Everett. He would wander aimlessly around the beach and then take off towards the ocean. He also liked to visit the other beach goers. :)
Most kids hate getting knocked down by the waves.....but not Everett. He LOVED it. He would see a wave coming and sit down. He would get totally wiped out with water in in his face and smile. Then he would sit down and do it again. No fear whatsoever.
Here is Makena with her finished bed....
I was trying to get Everett to look at me so I could take his picture. I shouted "Elmo!" and this is what I got. Phil thought it looked like he was flashing a gang sign. Maybe in toddler-ese it means "Elmo is my homeboy."
At the end of the day he had one dirty booty!
It started raining Saturday afternoon so we took the kids to the Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores.
Here is a shot of the girls looking and Everett looking away...
And one of Everett looking and the girls looking away...
Checking out the stingrays...
After driving and walking around Beaufort we went to The Sanitary in Morehead City for dinner.
Pirate faces!
Sadly, I didn't take any pictures on Sunday. There was a little more beach time and then we packed up. We stopped and visited with Phil's Uncle and cousin Ann Pryor and her kids in Morehead City before heading home. It was a very fun but quick trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment