Monday, July 11, 2011

Independence Day Weekend

Phil was on call for the 4th of July this year. He was on call Friday through Monday and our weekend was pretty low key. We went to the pool but otherwise just hung around the house. Phil was able to stay away from the hospital long enough to take the kids to our usual 4th of July parade/party because I wasn't feeling well. I felt pretty rough but I'm thankful that whatever I had only stuck around for about a day.

Here is Everett at the pool playing with two of his favorite pool toys. We found these at the Dollar Store....$2 well spent.
 He carries these things around the entire time he is at the pool. Someone said he looked like Tom Hanks in Castaway trying to spear a fish. :)
 While the girls are playing in the pool, I'm usually trying to keep up with Everett. When he gets tired of playing in the water (sometimes this happens quickly) he runs all around the pool. He'll go sit in the chairs, go check out the fence, go walk in the mulch....you get the idea.
 Stabbing the hosta...
 So thankful for kick boards and noodles!
 We also painted some big flower pots to put out on the deck. I stripped Everett down and let him paint one, too. 
 I'm not sure if it was the painting or being naked that was so funny. :) 
 He was an unhappy mess at the end.
 We let Makena and Megan throw Pop-its on the 4th. They loved them!

No comments:

Post a Comment