Friday, July 1, 2011

TAYLOR SWIFT Speak Now Tour 2011

Last night, Phil and I took Makena and Megan to see Taylor Swift in concert! We went with our friends, Tiffany & Ella and Angie & Madison. And as if the concert wasn't fun enough......we went in a limousine! The girls were so excited! The limo came to our house first and then went on to pick up the others. Makena and Megan wanted me to braid their hair the night before so it would look like Taylor's. :) They were on the look out for that limo well before it was due to arrive. They were the first ones to spot it.
 They really liked the mirror on the ceiling. :)
Here are four VERY excited little girls!
 When we got to the coliseum the girls were "interviewed" by a lady with a microphone who was talking to people about Taylor. She asked them what their favorite song was and the answers were, "I don't know" and "pretty much all of them." She complimented Makena on her dress and asked where she could find such a pretty dress and Makena replied, "Costco!" Phil told her not to give away all of our secrets. :)
 We had to stop for a photo op! It was really neat when Taylor made this heart with her hands during the concert. People were holding up their hearts all over the coliseum.
 Since Taylor is a spokesperson for Covergirl they had makeup booths set up in the coliseum for girls to get makeovers. I'm sure Makena and Megan would have been totally into getting makeovers had we ventured over there. But we let them get t-shirts instead. :)
 Big props to Phil who was the only guy in our group to come along! I know he enjoyed getting to see Makena and Megan have fun even if it was amidst a bunch of screaming girls.
 Makena loved the concert! She didn't want to miss a thing!
Taylor put on a great show! I was talking to someone about how they had heard she wasn't really that good in person. I think she may have had a bad performance at the Grammys at some point. I think she sounded as good in person as she does on the radio......and she really was singing. There were multiple outfit changes which my girls appreciated. And the crowd sang along to pretty much every song. When she would stop singing it was amazing how loud the crowd was singing with her. There were so many little girls there that were just as excited as ours were.
 I caught Makena singing along!
 Megan fell asleep on Phil during the end of the concert. She did wake up for the limo ride home. 
We didn't stay until the very, very end but we heard all of her hits and enjoyed a great show. We still didn't get home until around 11:30. Taylor was the girls' first real concert and they LOVED it! They're going to be talking about it for quite some time. I think this was a pretty safe first concert. I didn't think she would say anything inappropriate (which she didn't) and right now I think she still seems pretty wholesome. Now I know that could change tomorrow when some outrageous news breaks on TMZ but right now she's a good girl. I have my fingers crossed that she stays that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment