Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Music City Bowl

During the break, Phil and I were able to go watch Wake Forest play in the Music City Bowl in Nashville without the kids. It was a nice (although very short) break. We got up on Friday morning and got the kids dressed and fed before G-Dada came over. Then we drove to the Charlotte airport with our carry-ons. Once in Nashville, we took a cab to our hotel where we were greeted by friends at the door. We took our stuff to the room and began our walking tour of Broadway and slowly headed toward LP Field, where the Tennessee Titans play. We enjoyed club level seats and being able to go inside when we got cold. The game was fun despite Wake losing to Mississippi State 23-17. After the game we hopped in a cab and went back to the hotel where we enjoyed late night snacks at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. The next day we were able to sleep in and then enjoyed breakfast in the room while watching Moneyball. After check-out, we went to the airport and headed back to Charlotte. We were back home in time for dinner on Saturday night. It was a whirlwind trip. I wasn't good about taking pictures while we were there but our friend, Frankie did, and I'll update the post later when I get the ones from him.
While on Broadway, we went in a couple of stereotypical Nashville bars with live bands playing country music. There was one other wife that went to the game. So we got to enjoy/tolerate some boyish shenanigans while we were there.
LP Field
Mississippi State fans were terrible. They all had cowbells and they rang them throughout the game. I don't know how their fans tolerate them. It was so annoying! I would have to pre-medicate for a headache before each game.
Before we left, Makena told me she wanted me to take Jessie on our trip. So we had a little fun with her. Here is Jessie cheering at the game...
And here she is after boarding the flight to come home...
Makena and Megan loved the Jessie pictures! And Phil thought it was hilarious that I carried her around in my purse. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment