Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween

Halloween was a very full day for us! Wake Forest played Miami today and Phil and I decided to take the girls. Phil's brother, Zane, came to town to watch the game with us. Zane has 3 degrees from "the U". We had a lot of fun cheering against each other. It was a closer game than we thought it would be and the Deacs were winning until the very end. Our starting quarterback was hurt and couldn't go back in for the final drive and that may have made the difference. The Canes beat Wake 28-27 :(. Wake needs to win 2 of their next 3 games to make it to a bowl game. The game started at 3:30 but we started tailgating around noon. Wake had encouraged everyone to come in costume and participate in "trunk-or-treat" at the tailgate. We had to pick up special bags at the field house for our candy and the kids could take those bags into the game. (They usually won't allow you to take food or drinks in.) They were also giving hayrides. I think they also had costume contests and other things that we didn't participate in. Here are a couple pics of Makena and Megan trick-or treating at the tailgate. They got a TON of candy!Megan, Makena and Adam on the hayride. It was so nice we had to ride it twice! (& it was free!)Even though they were trick-or-treating at the tailgate, I really didn't want the girls to wear their costumes. It was wet and kind of drizzled all day until the about the 3rd quarter of the football game when the sky really opened up. I had Makena and Megan wear some other Halloween outfits they had. Well, it just so happens that Miami's colors are green and orange. A terrible coincidence on Halloween. Megan really looked like a Miami fan and her Uncle Zane took great pleasure in pointing that out. :)Somehow we missed the Hudson girls in this pic.... Here are all of the other kids at the tailgate: Megan, Adam, Owen, Wyatt, and Makena. They ate so much candy it was ridiculous! I'm SO happy Halloween is only once a year!Megan and Wyatt Someone gave Makena a giant pixie stick.
And that was what turned Makena's mouth blue. :)
Here they are enjoying the game. They were such troopers! Makena does okay without a nap but Megan is usually a different story.
Megan kept wanting to be picked up so she could see the game. Phil is thrilled that she is a football fan.
We left at half-time because Megan was starting to get grouchy. Makena wanted to take a picture with the Deacon on our way out.
Here are the girls in front of BB&T
We took the girls home and I did something I would normally never do....I let Megan lay down for a little nap at 5:00. It had to be done if we wanted a chance at taking her trick-or-treating. She took a very short nap, an hour or less, and woke up in a very bad mood. We recovered, kind of, and took the girls to do a little trick-or-treating. First stop: G-Dada's house.


Makena wanted as much make-up as I would allow.

Little Pooh Bear kept saying, "I got candy!"

We made a quick trip to Makena and Megan's preschool where they were having a fall festival. They love preschool and were happy to go. They got to see a couple of their favorite teachers and got even more candy at their trunk-or-treat.
Here they are getting candy from one of Makena's current teachers, Ms. Brewer.
Happy Halloween from Cinderella and Pooh Bear!!

No comments:

Post a Comment