Friday, October 16, 2009

Pumpkin Painting

The other day I let Makena and Megan paint a couple of their pumpkins. They were really excited about it. They seemed more excited about painting the pumpkins than making a jack-o-lantern. We haven't made our jack-o-lantern yet so I'll let you know how their response compares. We used acrylic paint instead of our traditional Crayola so hopefully we won't have a problem if they get a little wet on the porch. I highly recommend letting your kids paint a pumpkin! The girls liked this activity so much I think I may pick up a couple more pumpkins and do it again.



So proud of their pumpkins!The finished product... They mixed all the colors together so they ended up looking the same (although I wouldn't tell them that.) We may make this a Halloween tradition. I think their painting skills will improve and they can eventually paint designs or scary faces on the pumpkins.

1 comment: