Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

We had a great Mother's Day! Makena and Megan made me some adorable gifts at preschool.
Megan made a cute tissue paper flower. The flower was a in a little terracotta pot and her teacher had written on it: Happy Mother's Day! Love, Megan 2009. The flower was also a pin that you could take off of the "plant" and wear as a corsage. I wore it to church on Sunday.


Makena made a couple of things. The first thing was a teapot that had a bag of tea inside. The quote on the teapot read, "Here's a gift for Mother's Day, I'll try my best in every way. But when you get upset with me, relax and have a cup of tea!"


She also gave me a painting. The painting came with this poem:
"Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls.

But everyday I'm growing.
I'll be grown up someday
And all those tiny handprints
Will surely fade away.

So here's a tiny handprint
Just so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was very small."

Me and my girls on Mother's Day
Unfortunately, Phil was moonlighting on Sunday. But we were able to drive up to Wilkesboro, where he was working, and have dinner with him and Popaw. Phil helped the girls make cards on Saturday before he had to go to work. My gift from Phil and the girls is a new purse/diaper bag, which is on the way. I had a great Mother's Day with my girls. I have so much fun being Makena and Megan's mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment