Today was Makena's last day of preschool for the year. We went to Harris Teeter this morning to get flowers for her teachers. I let Makena pick the flowers she liked, and she decided on the sunflowers. We gave each of Makena and Megan's teachers a flower as our way of saying thanks for a great year. Makena has really enjoyed preschool this year. She was in Mrs. Martha's class and has absolutely loved her. She also really liked the assistant teachers, Mrs. Jean and Mrs. Jennifer. She really enjoys playing with her school friends and talks about them all the time. I wanted to get a shot of everyone together but that was an impossible feat. Below are some of the kids she talks about: Emmett, Fiona, Kaitlyn, Sophie, Dixon and Ethan. Makena is also good friends with a beautiful little girl named Iliana. They enjoy playing beauty shop together.
If you ask Makena who her best friend is, she will tell you, "Hunter!" I've been told they are quite the pair and often have to be separated. They both get super excited when they see each other. If Hunter is absent she usually comes home telling me, "Hunter is in the mountains." or, "Hunter is at the beach" or "Hunter is sick." She knows exactly where he is and why he wasn't in school.
Makena and Hunter

We also had some big firsts in our family today. Little Megan had her first broken bone, first X-Rays and first cast. We brought Megan to our bed yesterday morning after she woke up. While we were waking up, she fell of the bed. (I thought we were past the falling off the bed stage, but obviously we are not.) She cried for a bit after she fell but then was okay to play and watch TV. I started to notice her guarding her right arm and favoring her left hand over her right (she is normally right handed). It also seemed to bother her when I changed her shirt. She wasn't a complete mess yesterday, if she had been I wouldn't have waited until today to take her to the doctor. She had no swelling or bruising and was still able to use her right hand and arm some. After watching her all day yesterday, I decided to take her in to the pediatrician this morning. After an exam, she sent us to get X-Rays which was a terrible experience, let me tell you. I had to stand in the other room while they took a dozen or more films of her tiny arm. (I still don't understand why they needed to do that many films of such a small arm.) She cried and screamed Mommy the whole time. While we were waiting for copies of the X-Rays I got a call from the pediatrician telling me that she did have a fracture above her right elbow. So off we went to the Orthopedist's office. Phil came home and went with us to that visit. After more waiting, filling out forms, and another exam, Megan had a little purple cast put on her right arm. She was very still and quiet while they put the cast on. I'm sure she was trying to figure out what they were doing to her. They think she will only need to wear the cast for 3 or 3 1/2 weeks.

Megan and Mommy went to Walgreens this morning and bought Motrin, Tylenol, pacifiers, blow pops and M&M's. This child could get away with pretty much anything right now. She has eaten M&M's all morning and got to have a sucker when we got home. I seriously thought about taking her for ice cream. I feel terrible and have cried multiple times this morning. She is such a sweet, little girl and I can't stand to see her in pain. When the Orthopedic PA came in to see us, she was sitting on the exam table with her M&M's, Elmo and broken arm saying, "I happy." With all of the attention and TLC Megan is going to get, I'll bet Makena is going to want a cast, too. Let's just hope she's okay with a pretend cast.
No comments:
Post a Comment