Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Bringing Finley Home & Dance Recitals

They wanted to keep Finley 48 hours after she was born so we weren't discharged until Wednesday morning. Here are a few more pictures of her in the hospital.
 Our sweet brunette beauty with a slight hint of a mohawk. :) 
 I'm glad I packed some of our itty bitty baby clothes to bring to the hospital. This was one of our old Gap onesies that is "up to 7lbs." As you can see she's swimming in it.
 Phil came by himself to bring us home. It was very quiet with just the 3 of us!
 Finley's weight dropped down from 5.11# to 5.6# so they wanted me to supplement after nursing for a day until we came in for her check-up. When she saw the pediatrician she had started to gain weight so we stopped supplementing.
 Megan's dance recital was the day after we came home from hospital. Phil had taken her to her dress rehearsal before we were discharged. He also took Makena to her rehearsal (which was the same day as Megan's recital). He was dance dad extraordinaire! I had said that I would be at the recitals unless I was in the hospital. So I fed Finley right before we left and we (mostly Phil) held her during the entire recital. I purposefully put Megan in the creative dance class so we could leave during the intermission. She did a great job! Megan looked so cute in her costume! I think she was probably more excited about receiving her roses than the recital, though. Megan is our flower girl. She had the biggest smile on her face when we gave them to her.
 I had zero swelling throughout my pregnancy but blew up right after delivery. I was so puffy and had huge cankles. Here I am with my cankles, Phil and our 3 pretty girls.
Megan loved the baby's breath
Finley was 5 days old when we went to Makena's recital. Makena had two performances and Finley slept through both of them...and the rest of the recital, as well. Here is Makena with Dree and Jacqueline. We needed to get out of there so I could feed Finley so Phil went and got the car out of the parking garage before the final performance.
Our sweet big girl!
I was still swollen here. I had huge indentations on my feet when I took my shoes off.

No comments:

Post a Comment