Monday, June 14, 2010

The Lemonade Stand

Makena and Megan had their lemonade stand yesterday. They were so excited about it! Makena, especially, had a lot of fun preparing for it. Unfortunately, about an hour or so before it was time for the lemonade stand, the sky opened up. And it pretty much rained throughout the lemonade stand time. I decided that we couldn't just cancel the lemonade stand. Makena, especially, would have been devastated. So we set it up on the porch. We didn't have a huge turnout but Makena and Megan had so much fun. They would go up to their "customers" and ask, "Do you want some lemonade?" and then go get it for them. Despite the low turnout, we averaged around $10 a head for lemonade. That's not bad, huh? We made over $100 for ALSF. And today I took the kids to Samaritan Ministries to take our left over brownies, cookies and muffins. They said they would serve them for dessert tonight. So with very little effort we were able to help 2 charities!
They ate some of the snacks while waiting for customers.
Everett dressed the part. He wore the lemon bandana.
Here's our set-up...
Finally! Customers! Megan helped Wyatt put his name on a lemon to put up.
Adam enjoyed a nice cup of lemonade.
G-Dada came by and gave a donation.
Donation = Hug
I love Megan's face in this pic. I only noticed the hugging at first. Phil had to point out our other deliriously happy child.
Makena and Wyatt
Do-rag baby.
If your kids ever want to have a lemonade stand, ALSF is a great way to go! I am really impressed with them. After registering our stand they sent us a ton of supplies. They sent a banner, posters, a coupon for free lemonade, a checks payable sign, a pad of thank you notes for donors, brochures, 2 bandanas, wristbands, stickers, tattoos, balloons and some other things that I'm forgetting. They also sent a postage paid envelope to send in our donations. They make it so easy!! I think we'll try to do it again next year. We'll just try to do a better job advertising and may try to have it at the neighborhood pool.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry we forgot all about it! We really meant to go by. I'm glad ya'll had so much fun. That is a great idea. We may try it out too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem, Lauren! I'm sure a lot of people thought it was canceled when it started raining. I wasn't sure who all was planning on coming so I didn't want to bother calling everyone. I'm sure Jaidyn would love having a lemonade stand! The girls had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete