Monday, May 31, 2010

Weekend Update

Megan has a black eye. Take a wild guess where she got it. Anyone?
That's right, her sister. She ran into Megan when she was playing with a blanket on her head.
Makena has developed a love for eating with chopsticks. Here she is at yummy Szechuan Palace!
I have a few more house pics. I hope you're not getting tired of them! Our kitchen cabinets have been installed! I LOVE my hood!
See that little nook with the beadboard backing over the spot where the fridge will go? That's for my cookbooks.
In the next picture, you can see where the dishwasher and sink will go.
We're getting a farmhouse or apron style sink like this. We'll have a different faucet.
We modified the plans and eliminated part of the wall between the kitchen and the living room. We'll be able to see the TV above the fireplace from the kitchen. I didn't get a good picture of it, but the openings on the right are where the ovens and warming drawer will go. The warming drawer is being re-named Phil's drawer because he will probably be the one primarily using it.
I love the oil rubbed bronze hardware. And I love the cup style drawer pulls. The kitchen is starting to come together. It's going to look like a cross between the picture I tore out of Southern Living and the Neely's kitchen off of the food network.
We used the same hardware in the laundry room, only with a different finish.
These are the cabinets in the master bath.
We chose basic hardware for the kids' bathrooms. Eventually, I may change it to something a little more cute. Right now I don't have time for cute.
This is the laundry shoot in the linen closet in the girls' buddy bath.
Here is Makena standing in the unfinished built-in bookcase that will go in the playroom. I wanted a central location for all of the kids books. We've started doing bedtime stories together and it would make it easier. (The playroom is upstairs with the kids' bedrooms.) And now we don't need to buy a new bookcase for Megan's room.
This is the butler's pantry. They got the measurements on the lower cabinets wrong and are going to have to make another cabinet. I'm not sure what's going to happen to this one.
The basement bar cabinets have been installed. We're going to put some kind of Wake Forest artwork in that open space.
Here are pics of the latest dress-up session. I love the way Megan Sleeping Beauty and Makena Hannah Montana are hugging each other. Megan looks like that little old lady who puts on every piece of jewelry she owns to go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment