Yesterday, November 24th, our "baby" Megan turned two! Those two years have flown by! She has developed into an adorable toddler. This was Megan 2 years ago....

Such a sweet baby...

And here she was last year at her 1st birthday party.

I tried to make sure Megan and Makena had a fun day. We started off at Build a Bear. This is such a cute place. We had never taken the girls there and I'm glad I waited for a special occasion. Those stuffed animals are pricey! But since it was Megan's birthday it was okay. I let the girls pick out everything themselves. Here is Makena stuffing her bear.

Makena helped Megan pick a heart for her bear. There were only two choices but it was still quite a difficult decision.

Finally decided....

Giving it a smooch...

After the bears were stuffed, it was bath time!


They picked out adorable outfits for their bears. I tried not to discourage all the accessories since it was Megan's birthday. Megan named her bear Panda. She picked out an outfit with butterfly wings, Hello Kitty bedroom slippers and Hello Kitty panties. The bear tails sticking out the back of the panties are especially cute.

Megan loves Panda!

Here is Makena with her bear in the "dressing room."

Makena picked out a Cinderella dress with matching panties, glass slippers, and a blond wig with a hairband. The bear's name is Cinderella, of course.


They gave Megan a sticker that said, "I'm the Birthday Bear."

After Build a Bear we went and saw Santa Claus. Megan was a little hesitant but there were no tears. In the picture they're looking at one of Santa's helpers who was trying to get Megan to smile.

We still had a little time before lunch, so we went to the Children's Museum to play with some friends. We were fortunate to run into Clifford as soon as we came in the door.

Megan loves slides! Here's Megan sliding on Clifford's tail.

We waited until Phil got home from work to eat Megan's birthday cookie and open family gifts. The girls had already eaten dinner and were in their pajamas.

"I a mess!"

I'm so glad I pay attention to what our kids like. We got Megan a slide for the playroom. She absolutely loves it. She calls it her "present slide."

I let Makena help wrap one of the gifts. She told Megan what the presents were before she opened them. :) She said, "Megan you've got a nightlight and a baby Jesus toy!"

The "baby Jesus toy" was a Little People nativity scene. It's a Christmas decoration that they can play with.
No comments:
Post a Comment