Saturday, November 7, 2009

Dan'l Boone Inn MVP

Unfortunately, Phil is on call this weekend. So last night I took the girls to eat with Nana and Popaw at the Dan'l Boone Inn in Boone. The Dan'l Boone Inn serves delicious family style country meals. They have been honored in Southern Living and Our State magazines for their yummy food. Neither of the girls are great eaters right now. Megan was a decent eater until a couple months ago and something changed and she became just as picky as Makena. Well, she must have finally decided she was hungry because she devoured her bowl of vegetable soup......something I didn't think she would touch. I even had to add a little more to her bowl. She also filled up on corn and had a little banana pudding for dessert. She was our MVP!
Who needs a spoon?
Honorable mention goes to Makena who took two good bites of the soup, despite the peas, potatoes and other healthy things she saw floating in it. I am proud of her for trying it. She will usually tell you she doesn't like something and won't even try it. She also enjoyed buttered corn, biscuits and strawberry shortcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment