One of the highlights of our trip was Everett getting his first haircut! I made an appointment for him at the Harmony Barber Shop on Main Street at the Magic Kingdom. They do a lot of first haircuts. And I knew at Disney it wouldn't just be a haircut, it would be an experience. We had let Everett's hair go for quite a while and Phil and I were both okay with his shaggy look. His crazy hair suited his crazy personality. But it was starting to get in his eyes and we knew it was time. The lady that cut Everett's hair started off by letting him cover himself in Mickey stickers.
She had a variety of Disney toys to keep him occupied.
Time for the drape. He had no idea what was about to happen.
He loved the Cars toy. We nearly had to buy him one at the gift shop afterward.
Then Everett got sprayed down and had his hair combed.
The first cut!
He had no idea he was getting a haircut! :)
Everett was moving around the entire time and she did not once ask him to hold still.....not that he would have listened anyway. But I was impressed by how fast she was and what a good job she did considering how much he moved around.
So happy.
She let him feel the trimmers before she used them on his hair.
Getting a little more off the front...
This was his least favorite part of the whole haircut just because he didn't like the hair in his face.
Doesn't he look proud? :)
I think he had forgotten about the stickers.
And like I said, It wasn't just a haircut, it was an experience. He got cute little Mickey ears and a certificate for being brave during his first haircut. They also saved some of his hair and sealed it up with a Mickey sticker.
Cuteness
I would highly recommend getting haircuts at Disney. The people that work there are awesome at what they do. And even though it's a barber shop there were a couple of little girls in there getting their hair cut, too. The barber shop is near the doors where they hide the parade floats and where some of the characters go to take breaks. We saw Pinocchio, Daisy Duck and a couple of other characters during the five minutes we waited before Everett's haircut. Great character watching!
No comments:
Post a Comment