Monday, August 29, 2011

Makena goes to Kindergarten

Makena started kindergarten last Thursday! She couldn't wait to go. I hope she stays as excited about school as she is now. It seems like she was just a baby yesterday. Time is passing too quickly and my babies are growing up too fast.
Here she is in her seat at open house...
This is her teacher, Mrs. Richardson. She is really nice. When I've told folks which teacher she has they respond...."Oh, she's good!" Mrs. Sieg, the reading teacher is in the classroom for half the day.
Makena was so excited for the first day of school! She had her outfit all picked out and backpack ready. She also helped pack her lunch the night before. Here she is with her special breakfast...
 It's been awfully quiet around here since school started. I know Megan is really going to miss Makena. When I came home from taking Makena to school on the first day Megan came downstairs and started saying, "Makena? Makena?! Makena?" She had gone looking for her and I had to remind her that she was at school.
I let Makena switch out our Happy Everything attachment. 
 On Friday afternoon, we celebrated the first week of school at the pool.
 What a little mess!
 And today Makena rode the school bus for the first time! She will ride it home, as well. She asked to ride the bus and doing this instead of pick-up will allow Everett to finish his nap. If all goes well this is what we'll be doing from now on. What a big girl she is!

No comments:

Post a Comment