Saturday, September 3, 2011

First Day of Preschool

Megan and Everett started preschool on Friday! They will both be going 3 mornings a week. I think Megan will really enjoy it now that Makena is in school all day. And I'm hoping it will help Mr. Separation Anxiety. I hated to put little Everett in preschool that many days but I thought it would help him more. The one morning a week we did last year did not cut it.

Megan got the red plate that morning. And we got up early enough to have breakfast before Makena went off to school!
 The three amigos...
 I had to compete with the recycling truck to get my pictures. Everett was definitely more interested in the truck than he was my camera!
The girls love their brother...
 The big boy with his school bag.
 What's in there? 
This year Megan and Everett each have a teacher that is the parent of one of Makena's preschool friends. I think Makena really likes that connection. Here is Megan with Mrs. Amanda at open house.
 And with Mrs. Lori  on the first day. Note the boy under the table in the background. :)
Big boy Everett really likes his classroom. I had to sneak out but he didn't cry and that is HUGE. I got this picture of him after sneaking out the door. The babies kids will have their snack at that table. They also get to go to music, have art and go out on the playground. His teachers are really sweet and I can't wait to see all of the fun things they do with the little ones this year! And if they can help us get through this separation anxiety thing I'll owe them big time!
 Here is the crew with Ev's teacher, Mrs. Lisa. His other teacher, Mrs. Wendy was on vacation. This was at the end of the day and Everett had just came in from the playground and had worn himself out. He wouldn't let me put him down but after going to the gym that morning I decided to crop myself out. :)
 Here are a couple of other pictures from this week. Popsicles on the porch is a group favorite.
 And here we are at the bus stop waiting for Makena. They give you about a 20 minute time window in which the bus could arrive. And a parent has to be at the bus stop to take kindergartners and 1st graders off of the bus. So we usually get to the bus stop early and take lots of entertainment.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, my daughter had Ms. Lisa! Hope your kids have a great school year!

    ReplyDelete