We had Everett's 1st birthday party at home on Saturday. We decided to make it a family party since our guest lists can very easily get out of hand. Even though it was a family party we still had quite a few people there! Phil's brothers: Lindsey, Larry, Zane and their families were all there in addition to the grandparents. So we had 16 people at our house not counting our immediate family. We had lunch and let the kids run around and play. I ordered cupcakes from Deweys and a fajita bar from Moes. I highly recommend the fajita bar if you need to feed a crowd! I ordered the cupcake toppers off of etsy.
Since most of our party guests were adults, I wasn't sure what kind of party favors I should have at first. I put together five treat buckets for the kids and also ordered personalized M&M's. There were enough individual tins of M&M's for everyone.
I put a recent picture of Everett as well as one of our favorite newborn pictures on the M&M's. Some of them say "Everett is ONE!" and some say, "Big E's Big Day!" You couldn't fit a whole lot of text on an M&M.
The girls enjoyed looking through the house for Sesame Street and Birthday themed toys and books to use as decorations.
The birthday boy was napping when everyone arrived. I changed him into his birthday shirt and crown when he woke up.
His cheeks are still slightly speckled from that yucky rash.
Since there were so many people here we got to play pass the baby quite a bit. He got some quality time with G-Dada.
Cousin Ian helped open presents.
I love this picture! This is such an Everett face. Makena used to make faces like this when she was a baby, too. It's fun to see the similarities.
Everett got lots of lovin' from Nana and Popaw. They're making silly faces because they were trying to get Everett to look at the camera.
Me and my boy.
Best buds.
I love this picture even though it's not in focus. He is such a stinker. I think he was coming back from the mudroom where he was looking for shoes. :)
Time to sing "Happy Birthday!" He got really shy when everyone started singing and tried to get out of the booster.
Again, he wasn't really sure about the cake. Like most kids, the icing seems to be his favorite part.
Makena was standing there dying to take a lick of the icing.
And she got it! And there is silly Collin with the bunny ears. :)
Nana tried to help him figure it out.
I know two kids who know their way around a cupcake.
"Stand back or I'll get chocolate on you!"
After changing into a new shirt it was time to open gifts. This is something we rarely do at parties anymore but since we were at home and among family we felt it was appropriate. As you can see Everett was very excited about the birthday card from G-Dada.
All of the kids helped open gifts.
Everett loves the talking tool bench from Uncle Lindsey and Aunt Amy!
And he loves the new ball Nana and Popaw got him (among other things). He LOVES balls!
After presents, everyone went outside to watch the kids hit the pinata. Makena and Megan have both wanted to have a pinata for quite some time so they were super excited. Makena wanted to wear the blindfold, even though we told her she didn't have to. I bought if for their cousins, Collin and Will since they're older and would have an easier time destroying the pinata.
Megan got to take a few whacks at it, too.
The boys have obviously done this before. :)
And then everyone scrambled to get the candy.
Everett and Uncle Zane
Everett ended his party the same way he started it....with a nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment