Friday, December 24, 2010

Neighborhood Tree Lighting, Craft Day & More

The kids and I have started trying to visit the library regularly again. And we have discovered a new library. We love the Lewisville Branch Library! It is a newer facility with newer books. There is a better selection and it's usually not very busy when we visit. And parking has never been an issue as it has been in the past for us at the Central Library. We picked a great bunch of books the last time we were there. One of the girls picked up a copy of The Little Red Hen, which we have read a few times before and may honestly have at home. But this copy was a lot of fun because in the back of the book there was The Little Red Hen's guide to making bread with a recipe. The girls and I made it and it was actually pretty good. Here are the girls at our new favorite library...
Our neighborhood had it's Christmas tree lighting last weekend. Everett and Megan were both asleep so Phil stayed home with them and I took Makena. (Megan had actually fell asleep spread eagle on the floor...I lie you not.) They asked each family to bring an item to donate to the Salvation Army and bring an ornament to hang on the tree. Everyone met in the barn for snacks and went outside for the tree lighting. Everyone held hands around the Christmas tree and sang a couple of Christmas songs before they lit the tree. Makena especially liked the countdown before they lit the tree. Here she is hanging our ornament on the tree.
 One of our neighbors took this picture of the two of us. Proof I was there!
 Makena was pretending to be a Christmas star. :)
 We brought Megan a plate of goodies from the tree lighting. She didn't feel like she had missed out at all! ;)
 In an effort to keep the kids busy during Christmas break, we invited some friends over for Christmas crafts and pizza. Makena and Megan were so excited. In addition to our advent calendar we were also doing a countdown to craft day, as they asked me everyday when their friends would be coming over.
 Silly Makena.
 Later that day, I caught Everett trying to get naked in the living room. :) He's such a funny boy.
 I could love on this boy all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment