I took the trio to the mall for our traditional picture with Santa a few days ago. Our Santa pics usually aren't very good. This year, I was amazed at how great our picture turned out. I don't think I have taken a picture this good of the three of them. I immediately purchased one of their overpriced frames to display it in our house. I told Phil that the picture is so good I may display it all year. :)
I made another overpriced purchase a few weeks ago.....a Santa suit for Everett. I consider it overpriced because he will only wear it a handful of times. He looks adorable in it and I have now convinced myself that it was worth the price tag. (And I have bought Santa dresses for the girls in the past, after all.) Makena and Megan have starting calling Everett Santa Baby. :) I haven't made an Ev update in a while so let me tell you what he's up to. At his 9 month check-up he weighed 20 lb. which to my surprise was only around the 42%. Makena and Megan were only 19 or 20 lb. when they turned one so obviously the scale is different for boys. He is 30 inches long, about 97%, and his head circumference was 18 3/4 inches or about 95%. So in other words, he's tall and skinny with a big head. :) He is crawling up a storm. He is really fast! He has been pulling up for a while now and is cruising all over the place. You can't keep this kid down. If he is awake he is on the move. His MMO teacher (where he goes one morning a week) is sure he will be walking when he returns from Christmas break. Lord help me. I was banking on the rumor I had heard that boys developed slower! He is getting finicky about his baby food. Sometimes he'll eat it and sometimes he won't. He starting to love finger foods so we may just make the transition to table food. He loves Cheerios, Puffs, bread, Baby Mum Mum, chicken and Ritz crackers. I keep trying veggie and fruit bites but he usually either doesn't like them or goes for something else when it's too slippery to pick up. He can say mama, dada and nana and we're currently working on ho, ho, ho. :)
I will not deny that this boy loves his Mama. He is usually all over me. I kept trying to take his picture and he wouldn't stay away from me long enough to get a good shot. I had quite a few pictures like this...
How do I look from this angle?
Playing the piano...
Just getting something to eat...
Perhaps I'll have some Babybel cheese. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment