Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

We had a fairly relaxing Christmas Eve. We made and decorated our cookies for Santa. Makena and Megan had a lot of fun making a mess decorating the sugar cookies.
 The kids were playing in the living room and I looked over at the fireplace and saw Makena doing this.... 
I'm sure she was trying to figure out how the big man was going to make it down the chimney. Megan went to help investigate. :)
 I told Makena a while back that they could open one gift on Christmas Eve. They chose gifts from Aunt Carol and Grammy. They chose wisely because they got to wear their pretty new dresses for Christmas Eve dinner! They absolutely love their dresses and had to put them on right away.
I was playing around with Everett and had Phil take his picture. I wanted to get a good shot of his teeth. We'll have to try again another time because you can only see 2 of the 4 teeth in this picture!
 Makena and Megan went outside to scatter their reindeer food before bedtime.
Here they are with their cookies for Santa (and carrots for the reindeer). I also transcribed a note to Santa for them. We left chocolate milk because according to Max and Ruby that's Santa's favorite. :)
The sad part of Christmas Eve was having to say goodbye to our Elf on the Shelf, Herbie. The girls love Herbie. They loved searching for him every morning after they woke up. They both said they would miss him. If you don't have an Elf on the Shelf I would highly recommend getting one for your kids. We got ours as a gift a few years ago and it has become such a fun tradition.
 Here is Makena blowing a goodbye kiss to Herbie. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment