Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Megan Turns 5 Part Two

We were able to have Megan's birthday party on her actual birthday this year. It was the Saturday after Thanksgiving. She invited some of her friends from preschool and some kids from the neighborhood. She wanted a pony party at the barn with the bounce house. Since her birthday was right after Thanksgiving I decided to make the cake. I was sure our usual cake lady would be busy or out of town and I wanted to avoid all bakeries near shopping areas. I found a Wilton's pony cake pan and Megan was happy with it. She wanted chocolate cake and vanilla cupcakes. We found some My Little Pony rings for the cupcakes. Megan was so excited to celebrate her birthday! I will admit that I can go overboard with birthday parties but I just want everything to be perfect for them on their special day.
Megan was most excited about the pony that came to the party! The pony's name was Shorty and he was very soft and vocal. The nice man that brought him said the horse could sense there were other horses nearby. There is a pasture with horses on the back way out of our neighborhood. Everyone liked all of the noises he was making. It was chilly but the kids didn't seem to mind. I brought hand warmers and the kids especially liked them.
Erin
Dottie
 Maisie
 Dottie, Megan and Maisie
 Savannah
 Lauren, Savannah, Dottie, Maisie and Megan
 Regan
 Josh
 Avalon
 Allie
 Lauren
 Erin
 When everyone else had enough of the pony Megan hopped on and took quite a few laps around the pavillion. She loved it! 
 The birthday girl and Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment