Megan and Everett headed back to preschool last month. Megan is going 4 mornings a week this year and Everett is going 2. Megan is enjoying preschool and is learning so much this year. I can't believe she'll be going to kindergarten next year. I hope she transitions well. She loves having time at home to play with her toys and school will definitely cut into that time!
Everett is doing well at preschool so far. We did drop off the first morning and I don't think he realized what was going on. He got right out and didn't cry or fuss at all. The next time I tried drop off he knew what to expect and refused to get out of the car. :) So now on Tuesdays and Thursdays when Everett goes to preschool I walk him in. He does much better and often doesn't cry at all. When it's time for pick up it's like a scene from an old romance movie. He sees me and gets a huge smile on his face. He tries to break away from his teacher and runs to me with his arms open wide. He touches my face and gives me kisses and hugs and says, "Momma came back." I think the poor boy thought he was going to be left at preschool forever.
Makena has started taking a hip hop dance class this year. She really wanted to take it and is loving it so far. She is one of the smallest girls in the class.
Megan started (and has since stopped) gymnastics. She enjoyed gymnastics while she was there but it was hard for her to get motivated when she was home. I think we're just so busy with school, preschool and everything else that she just needed downtime at home. It's too bad she wanted to quit because she looked awfully cute in her leotard. :)
Everett also started (and then quit) gymnastics. I thought he would benefit from an active class where he could get some energy out. But Everett just wasn't ready for a structured class. He had a hard time following directions and would run around like the wild man that he is. It just wasn't worth it. I can take him to the playground to run around for free.
The crew loves these 100 calorie Healthy Choice bars we found at Costco.
This is the best way I know of to use Ritz crackers. :)
And here is our sweet girl in her bouncy seat.
No comments:
Post a Comment