Saturday, April 23, 2011

Tennis Clinic, Everett's Egg Hunt & Makena's Easter Party

I don't think I mention enough how much we love our new neighborhood. There are so many great families here. And there are plenty of kids here the same age as ours. The amenities are fantastic and they offer many different activities for adults and kids. This past Wednesday, I took the girls to a free tennis clinic in the neighborhood. They enjoy playing badminton and tennis in the driveway and were both really excited to go to the clinic. We pulled out our awesome gold tennis bags that Uncle Slade sent us.
Megan worked with Mr. Bill on her swing. 
 Makena's turn...
 Megan getting a little more help from Mr. Bill. She did a lot better with the foam balls. 
So cute! :)

I volunteered to hide Easter eggs for our preschool's egg hunt. Part of the reason I volunteered was because all three of the kids had their egg hunt on the same day. Makena and Megan really liked seeing me while I was outside hiding the eggs. But the part I enjoyed the most was seeing Everett come outside to hunt eggs. He only comes to preschool one morning a week and he got lucky because the Easter egg hunt happened to fall on the one day he comes. They usually never bring the babies outside to the playground so this was a really big treat for them. We scattered a few eggs on the playground but I told his teacher, Ms. Leslie, that we could have just put an egg out there for each of them and that would have been plenty. They were so interested in the grass and the mulch and all of the playground toys that they didn't care much about the eggs. But those babies were awfully cute toddling around out there! Everett has on khaki shorts and the blue polo shirt with stripes. That's his buddy, Sawyer, in the camouflage pants. Makena is good friends with his sister, Dree, so I'm sure we'll be seeing more of him.
 I thought Everett would probably lose interest in hunting eggs when he saw me so I hid behind a tree for the first few minutes of his egg hunt. :)
 They loaded all of the babies up in that big red stroller and brought them to the playground. The looked so cute in the stroller! I wish I had gotten a picture of them all in it.
 Dree's mom and I were responsible for the Easter party for Makena's class. Doughnuts are a big hit with this class so I picked up some Krispy Kremes with sprinkles and Capri Suns and Dree's mom brought some Peeps and carrots. We had dropped our party supplies off that morning but Makena really wanted us to come back for the party. I was a little afraid it wouldn't go well since Everett isn't always good at sitting still but it went okay. Megan was excited to sit with Makena's class and eat a doughnut, too. Big E is sitting in the corner behind Makena in the next picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment