I find myself playing catch-up with my blogging once again. It seems there are never enough hours in the day! Lately I've been making plenty of runs and calls to the pediatrician's office. We've had a stomach bug, bad colds and coughs, possible flu, a sinus infection, pink eye all around (I'm the only one that didn't get it!) and an ear infection. I'm so ready for winter to be over! No family should have more than one bottle of Amoxicillin going at a time. Winter is such a germy, germy time!
Anyway, the circus came to town recently and I was able to take the girls. They loved it! The tigers, elephants and tightrope walkers were their favorites. These events are always such money traps. I let the girls each get a snowcone at $10 a pop. They each ate about a quarter of the ice and then drank the "juice". They don't get many big girl days so I thought they deserved a treat.
The girls also wanted to get their faces painted. This lady was incredibly fast!
Makena and Megan love Ramona and Beezus! I've read the whole Ramona series to them and they've seen the movie. They'll say that Makena is Beezus and Megan is Ramona. I love it. I love getting to revisit these fun books. Beverly Cleary books are so special and fun! We're now reading the Ralph the Mouse series. Makena and Megan often want to replicate things they see on TV or in movies. So one day they decided they wanted to draw the longest picture in the world! And of course they needed Daddy's help since Ramona's daddy helped her. Although I did help a little bit. :) Here they are working on their "terrifical" drawing. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment