Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Makena's 5th Birthday Party

Last Saturday, we had Makena's 5th birthday party. We had it a little early this year to accommodate the call schedule and a meeting Phil has coming up. Makena has been planning this birthday party for a while. We had the party in the barn in our neighborhood. Makena and Megan both wanted to dress up for the party so we called it a costume ball so everyone else came in costume, too! We had arts and crafts and we brought our bounce house so the kids could play in it at the end. And we had a very special guest....Snow White! Get ready to be bombarded with pictures, y'all! Here is our little Buzz Lightyear!
 The doctor ("like daddy")
And here is another one of Mrs. Lindsay's masterpieces. Beautiful and delicious cake and cupcakes!
  Here is a look at all the dwarfs. I think they were my favorite part.
 The birthday girl!
 This is Makena and Dree, one of her friends from preschool.
 Makena, Dree and Kate (another preschool buddy!)
 Look who's here!
 She started by telling the story of, what else, Snow White!
 She also sang quite a few songs from the movie.
 Her audience started to grow as kids warmed up to her.
She was totally captivated by her!
 Makena was a special helper for a game.
 Ella (aka Billy the Exterminator!)
 My little MD was easily distracted.
 They got to play with instruments.
 I don't think she could have been any happier!
 Heigh-ho, heigh-ho it's off to work we go!
 I love this picture of our little friend, Charlie, with Snow White.
 Here she is getting her tiara "with real diamonds!" :) Makena told me that Snow White giving her a tiara makes her a princess. :) She also said this was her favorite part of the party.
 The Snow Whites dancing together.
 Group shot
 The sweet birthday girl!
 Carly
 Dree
 Wyatt
 Kate
 Ian
 Joiner
 Marley
 Addison and Hudson
 Aden
 Afton
 Ireland
 I love these pictures of our little friend, Sally and Snow White! 
The birthday girl with her new shiny tiara.
 Cake time!
 I'm glad I finally captured this silly face on camera. He's been making this face for a few weeks and I love it!
 Makena with Afton, Ian and Ireland Scott.
 One tired boy.
 Time to bounce!
 Silly Megan!
 Note Madison in the back giving Makena bunny ears. :)
 Sweet Megan who was too busy to take a picture with Snow White.
 The birthday girl and Kate enjoying their cake.
Makena had so much fun at her party! I can't believe she's almost 5! I can remember the morning sickness from when I was pregnant with her like it was yesterday. I can remember struggling as a new mom (of one child!) thinking how hard it was. Boy if I only knew! Now Makena will be starting Kindergarten in the fall. Time certainly does fly! Makena and Megan are already planning their next birthday parties. One has requested an Ariel party and the other a Belle party (our Snow White can also play these other characters.) So to all of our party going friends....don't be surprised if you're invited to a very similar party next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment