Thursday, April 15, 2010

Blue Ridge Ice Cream Tour & Scoop

Today the kiddos and I went to a playdate at the Blue Ridge Ice Cream shop. Blue Ridge is a fantastic local ice cream shop that makes their own ice cream. I highly recommend the key lime pie and hazelnut ice creams. The key lime even has graham cracker crust in it!
We started the tour with samples!
Then the kids got to see the inner workings of the ice cream maker.
The kids each tried to hold the biggest chocolate bar ever.
This is the chocolate bar after it has been chopped up.
Everyone took a whiff of the vanilla and peppermint.
Pouring the cream...
She added a shot of vanilla. (Literally...she used a shot glass as her measuring cup.)
Pouring it into the ice cream maker...
She took some ice cream out of the freezer and had the kids try to get a spoonful. The ice cream was rock hard because she had just taken it out of a freezer that was negative 3 degrees! 
They all got to go into the giant freezer.
We went back to check on the cream she had put into the machine. It only takes 10 minutes for it to turn into ice cream!
It's ready!
She added some chocolate chips and called it Little Chips. We got to sample it too and it was delicious!
After all those samples we still ended up getting a small cup of ice cream after the tour. I had hazelnut (yum!), Makena had vanilla with sprinkles and Megan had strawberry banana. Megan asked for pink ice cream. I asked her what her pink ice cream tasted like to which she replied, "blue."
In other news, Mr. Everett is starting to smile more everyday. And he looks so precious when he does. I've yet to capture it on camera but you'll definitely see it on the blog as soon as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment