I along with most women who are pregnant or have been pregnant could probably make a list a mile long. I'll just list 3 things I was told this week.
1) I went to have my traditional pre-delivery pedicure today. I was having a fairly pleasant conversation with the nail technician. She started asking about my kids and the baby. She asked how much the girls weighed when they were born. To which I replied, "6 lbs. 5 oz." "This baby will be bigger." she said. Lady, next time just keep your mouth shut and let me read my magazine. Her statement may prove true but since it doesn't look like I'll be having an epidural this go round that's not exactly what I wanted to hear.
2) I had my OB visit yesterday. The OB talked a little about my thrombocytopenia. "You know usually platelet levels don't rebound in time. You've been told that, right?" She was being honest. But how bad would it have been to let me cling to that small sliver of hope that my platelets would go back up to 100k and I'd be able to receive an epidural? Over the past 4 weeks my platelets have been 72k, 73k, 69k and 63k yesterday. So now I'll just wait to get the usual phone call from my hematologist's nurse saying, "The doctor has just seen your platelet level and she said it is acceptable." Wah, Wah, Wah...
3) I was talking to another mom while walking in to pick up my kids from preschool today. "How far along are you?" she asked. "You look huge." She should know better, she has been pregnant. I can say I'm huge. You cannot.
My Birthday, By: Taylor
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment