Friday, August 14, 2009

Princess Dance Camp

Makena went to a Princess Dance Camp this week and absolutely loved it. But then again, she loves most anything "princess". She went everyday from 10-12 and had a performance on Friday that we were able to attend. They did ballet and tap, as well as crafts and games. This is Makena on her first day of camp....she was very excited!
Stretching...

I am so disappointed in my camera. I've only had it a year and I'm already having problems with it. Granted it wasn't the nicest, most expensive one on the market, but I still expect it to work. For the performance, they changed the little girls into shiny leotards and big, pouffy tutus. And Makena looked so cute! But all of the pictures I took during the show turned out terrible......blurry and full of orbs. So I'm now in the market for a new camera. Good news is that I was able to capture the performance on video. There was no way Phil was going to be able to get away from work and he really hated to miss this. Here is one of the bad pics from the performance...Makena is in the back wearing pigtails and a blue leotard.
Here is Makena after her performance. She did a great job! A lot of kids got stage fright and either teared up or froze up on stage (understandably so). But Makena kept smiling and waving and dancing like she was supposed to. She really enjoyed this camp!

Megan commandeered Makena's princess hat and magic wand after the show.

So what did Megan and I do while Makena was at camp this week? Well there were a couple of shopping trips and a fun trip to the Children's Museum.
She got special treatment at the grocery store. Two free cookies (hers and mine), a new Winnie the Pooh ball (75% off), and she got to ride the "Harry the Dragon" ride twice. The ride is a big deal because I usually never let them ride it. Little Megan was devastated when she realized she wasn't going to the Princess Dance Camp, so she needed the special treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment