When your birthday is on November 24th, sooner or later it's going to fall on Thanksgiving Day. And that's what happened this year for our Megan. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal with turkey and the usual sides and yummy desserts. Since Megan already had a big birthday cake at her party she decided that we should make a cookie cake for Thanksgiving. We opened gifts while we were preparing our side dishes. We started with Aunt Carol's.
Megan loved her Ariel Barbie!
I think the Furreal cat was Megan's favorite. She named her Snowball.
Little Makena was a big helper in the Thanksgiving hat she made at preschool.
Then it was off to G-Dada's house for dinner. Megan had to open their gifts right away.
G-Dada and Patty got Megan an American Girl doll! What a nice gift! I made sure to tell Megan how important it is to take care of her new doll. We're glad G-Dada and Patty wanted to start this because I don't know when I would have done it. They are definitely not cheap! They had gotten an American Girl catalog in the mail and let Megan design her own doll.
She even got a horse to go with her little cowgirl! She was so happy!
Makena with her goofy smile
And this little turkey loved the cookie cake. He was covered in red icing!
Happy Birthday to Megan! And I love Ev's outfit!!
ReplyDeleteStefanie,
ReplyDeleteThis is Katie with Triad Moms on Main.com. I can't find your email address. Can you send it to me? Forsyth Family magazine wants to reprint your "No Birthday Gift" article in the January issues. Is this ok with you?
katie@triadmomsonmain.com
kgmoos@triad.rr.com