On November 12th our family participated in Walk for Wishes at Tanglewood. The walk was organized to raise money for Make a Wish. I really like this organization and wish I could be more involved in our local chapter. I've been to a some meetings and have signed up as a volunteer but unless the activities are during preschool hours it's kind of hard for me to help out regularly. This Walk for Wishes was especially fun because it was a 2 mile walk through Tanglewood's Festival of Lights a week before it was open to the public. It was our first official holiday activity. The weather was beautiful! And there were a ton of people there! After the walk, I found out that they had over 1,800 walkers participate and raised $70k! The average wish costs about $6k so that money will help grant a lot of wishes! Here are a couple shots of our crew from the walk...
My Birthday, By: Taylor
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment