Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Piano Recital, Field Day & Last Day of Kindergarten

Makena just had her second piano recital. She played three songs: Mickey Mouse March, Winnie the Pooh and C is for Cookie. She practiced, probably not as much as she could have, but as much as could be expected of a 6 year old. She did really well playing her songs despite being a little nervous before it was her turn to play (even though she denies being nervous).
 After the recital...
 This is the last shot of us as a family of 5!
 Makena had field day at school just before getting out for summer break. I volunteered to help keep track of everyone out on the field. It was a super hot day but the kids had a great time. I think it was a good thing it was only half the day! 
 I caught this shot of Makena and her BFF, Lillia.  I hope we can get together with her this summer even though Makena said her family will be going to Greece for 6 weeks during the break. Such sweet friends. :)
 And here is our sweet Makena on her last day as a kindergartner. She is holding a picture of herself that I took on her first day of kindergarten.
 It is scary how fast that first year of elementary school went by. I'm hoping this summer goes by nice and slow because I'm not ready for first grade yet!
Here are the three little ones at the pool on Memorial Day weekend. Opening weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment