Sunday, November 28, 2010

Festival of Trees

I took the kids to the Festival of Trees that benefits our local Children's Hospital. We enjoy going every year. But this year we decided to go to the Gingerbread Cookie Party that happened the Friday afternoon before the Festival opened to the public. It was a lot of fun and the lines for Santa, face painting, etc. weren't quite as long as they would have been during the weekend. This year I helped make ornaments for one of the trees at the Festival. I made quite a few puzzle piece ornaments for the Charity Chicks tree. It was a pretty cool tree and the theme was "We're dreaming of a green Christmas..." All of the ornaments were made of recycled or re-purposed materials. That's why the ornaments I made were made from old puzzle pieces.
Here are the girls in front of the Charity Chicks tree. Someone make the tree skirt and garland out of old men's neckties. It was so cool! There was also a handout under the tree with Charity Chicks website so people could find out how they could make some of the ornaments they saw on the tree. I'm sure you can't see it but my name is on Santa's list!
We got to see Mr. and Mrs. Claus! Megan would only take a picture if I sat there with her. I really don't enjoy having my picture taken. But you got to do what you got to do!
 Everett was totally infatuated with Mrs. Claus. I think she was sweet on him, too.
 There was an awesome face painter at the Festival. She did an awesome job. Megan wanted a Santa...
 And Makena wanted a gingerbread man....

No comments:

Post a Comment