Monday, January 18, 2010

Polkadots are Great, Just not on your Face

Saturday night I had my first visible sign that my platelets are low. I hadn't had a problem with nausea or vomiting in weeks. And I didn't feel that bad Saturday night. But as soon as I stepped out of the shower it hit me and I threw up. This is my 3rd pregnancy, so I have had a lot of morning sickness. But this time was different. My whole face hurt while I was throwing up. It was really weird. I looked in the mirror and saw petechiae (or little red spots) all over my face. It's not a very attractive look. I took a picture of myself last night which was a full 24 hours after the event. So the petechiae aren't as pronounced as they were Saturday night and Sunday morning. I closed my eyes because I wanted to show the extra spots I got around them. I took the picture after I showered. So my hair is wet, I have on no make-up and I look as bad as I could possibly look (especially with the new polkadots.) The petechiae may be hard to see until you click on the picture. My face usually isn't this splotchy. All of the spots you see are petechiae. They kind of look like little red freckles.

No comments:

Post a Comment